Friday, May 20, 2011

The Rapture...

For those of you who know me, and most of you do, you know that I was raised in a Christian home and grew up in church for most of my life.  Even though I'm not in church every Sunday, I still hold strong to my faith and beliefs.  Not everyone shares my beliefs and convictions.  And that's fine.  I respect everyone's beliefs, regardless of what they are, as long as they show some sort of respect for mine.  Simple enough...I would hope.

One of the many things that I was taught, and still believe in today, is the rapture.  Everyone is talking about the rapture today because someone has decided that they have figured out that it's going to happen tomorrow (Saturday, 21-May-11), and that the world as we know it will end in either September or October.  Hummm...

Let me break it down for you.  This person, who I will not bother to name, also said that the rapture was going to take place back in September of 1994.  And, he probably knew the guy who wrote the book "88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Take Place in 1988".  Obviously, it didn't happen either time.  The Bible clearly states that no man knows the day nor the time that it's going to happen.  If you don't believe the Bible or in God, then it's up to decide what to believe.  I can't make that decision for you.  There are signs of the times though...and we are living in those times.  No doubt about that.  And yes, one day this will all come to an end.  I just hope that you, and everyone you know, will be ready when that day comes...when ever it may be.

Just do me a favor please.  Don't believe everything you hear and read...no matter who writes or says it.  You'll know what's true and not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment