Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm NOT Ready for 2011!!!

So, in about 4 plus hours from now, 2010 will come to an end and simply be a shot in our rear view mirror and 2011 will be in our faces...like it or not, ready or not.  As you can tell from the title of this blog, I'm NOT ready.

Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY ready for 2010 to come to an end.  Like most, this has been a rough year.  Everyone has had their circumstances to deal with and problems to face and roadblocks to drive over.  But regardless of how big or how small they've been, it's been a year that I know most would like to forget.  I know, myself personally, it's been a year full of up's and down's, and a roller coaster ride that has made me want to stop the ride long enough for me to puke my guts out.  Sorry for the graphic description...but it sums up how I feel...and this is my blog.

Even though 2010 is almost over, it's not as I'm typing this.  A lot of people have already put this year behind them...and I'm happy for those...and already have 2011 in their sites.  I don't.  On either account.  2010 has been a year full of challenges on every level...in every aspect of my life.  I haven't had this kind of a year full of challenges since I was in college...and I finished in December of 1997.

I did manage to make some positive steps in some areas.  I started going to church again after not going for 6 plus years (thank you Mom and Dad).  My crew and I (at work) really moved the level of our live productions up several notches this past football season...and I have no doubt that when we start baseball and softball in about 7 weeks, it's going to be even bigger and better.  Through the book of face (that's facebook for those of you who really don't know me), I've been able to reconnect with a lot of people that I haven't seen or talked to in years...and have gotten to know a few new people that I've never met before.  And for me, that's pretty big considering that I'm not the social kind of person that I once was many years ago.

The negative?  Well, too many to mention and I won't put you through that list.  Right now, however, there are two that stick out like a sore thumb (and I mean sore).  I'm not happy with where I'm at in life right now...in every area of my life.  I would love to pack up and move away and start fresh.  However, in so many ways, that's easier said than done.  And it's frustrating too.  For those who think that it's easy to pick up and leave and start over, message me and I'll explain why it's not.  The other thing, and something that's even bigger than me, is my Grandma.  As I type this, she isn't doing well at all.  And to be totally honest, and this is the first time I've written this, every time my phone rings and I see either my Mom or Dad on the caller ID, I think that I'm getting "the call".  You prepare yourself until you're blue in the face.  However, when it does happen (and I'm not ready for it to happen), none of that preparation means anything.  And that's where I'm at.

See, I'm happy that 2010 is coming to an end...and thank God for it.  However, I'm not ready for 2011 to begin either.  Just the fact of not knowing what the next year holds...or even not knowing what January 1 holds scars the living crap out of me.  And I'm just not ready for it.  If it were possible, I'd like for the clock to stop at 11:59:59pm...and just sit there for a while.  Maybe the ball won't drop in New York and Dick Clark won't wish me a Happy New Year.  But, even if those two things don't happen, I know that the clock will continue to run and that in about 4 hours from now, 2011 will come in like a train.

Regardless of what 2010 was like for you, I pray that 2011 is better for you and yours...for all of us.  I wish you well.  I wish you a Happy, Safe, and Prosperous New Year!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment