Friday, February 25, 2011

A Noisy Mind...

When I started with this whole blog thing, I figured I would write something a few times a week...random things and such.  However, life happens and things change.  As noisy as my mind is, you would think that I would be writing every day if not twice or three times a day.  But even though one's mind is filled with stuff, more stuff than one could ever imagine, it can be very difficult to put any of that in to words and/or writing.  And that is where I find myself now.

I'm sitting in my office now.  I should be doing some show prep for this Sunday's game...even though I did a lot yesterday.  Oh, production season has begun again.  It started last Saturday with our first UL Lafayette baseball game of the season.  We're doing 8 baseball games, and 6 softball games as well.  As stressful as the broadcasts can be (really, the work that goes into it and then going live) and as much as it takes out of me, I truly do enjoy it.  As much as I would like to start playing drums again and even start mixing again, I just don't see either thing happening.  Producing and directing is my creative outlet...something to help keep me sane (if that's even possible).

Anyway, back to sitting in my office.  I actually do have work to do.  Month end is next week, and Tuesday will be spent closing out the month.  I did some work earlier this morning that will help with the process Tuesday.  I need to go to the bank and then go by our Corporate office at some point to drop off and pick up some stuff.  I'm loved at Corporate.  Either that, they're good at faking it.

Oh, hang on.  In The Air Tonight is playing now and the drum fill is coming up.

Okay, I'm back.  That song was recorded over 20 years ago and is still strong today.  There's a lot of music that was recorded back in the 70's and 80's that was good back then and is still good today.  That says a lot about the new music that's out today...and even the stuff that was recorded in the 90's.  The 90's was the worst decade for music.  My opinion, of course.  It is my blog.  Anyway...  I saw a blurb last night that Def Leppard and Heart will be doing some Summer dates together.  It's no secret that Heart is my favorite band.  Their new CD wasn't the greatest.  It was okay...but nothing to really blow me out of the water.  But they are one of those groups that sounds just as good now as they did some 25 years ago...if not better.  Seeing those two on the same stage in one night would be money.

I've posted a few times over the last few weeks of how thankful I am.  Even through some very rough times and not knowing what to think or believe or anything, I'm thankful.  I wish I could really put into words everything that has gone through my mind over the past 7 months or so...and the emotions and feelings that I've been fighting with and facing.  Honestly, it's been very tiring and even depressing at times.  Still is.  I wish I could sit here and write about it all or even sit face-to-face with you and talk about it.  But I wouldn't know where to start or how to even talk about any of it.  This too shall pass.

I finally bought a blu-ray player.  Nothing fancy.  But, I've been wanting to get one...so I did.  And I got it specifically for concert DVD's.  Now I just need to get a couple of new pieces of furniture...couch and recliner...and I'll be good to go.

Okay.  That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment