Thursday, September 2, 2010

Smelly Socks...Just Like Smelly Cat

Earlier today I announced to the world (otherwise known as the Book of Face) that I had smelly socks.  I don't know why I did that.  But I did.  And, in fact, I think someone unfriended me because of it.  I guess there are people who take things like smelly socks serious.  Oh, well.

Tonight makes it official.  Football season is here!  It's official because college football is on and my first high school football broadcast of the season is tomorrow night.  We're headed to the Open Air Cro-Dome in Carencro.  I am listening to the Chiefs game online right now too.  But I must say that tonight's NFL preseason action really doesn't mean much.  Honestly, it really doesn't.  Makes me glad that I can watch Southern Miss and South Carolina.  Thank you ESPN.

Last night I watched the CMA Country Music Festival.  I made the comment on a Book of Face post while I was watching it...but I'll talk about it more here.  Even though I don't play drums or mix anymore, I still love music.  I have an extreme appreciation for singers that can truly sing and musicians that can truly play their instruments...and singers that can play an instrument as well.  Honestly, those things are a lost form...unless you're listening to and watching country music singers and musicians.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a die hard country music fan.  I grew up in the 80's and am still a huge 80's music fan.  But I find myself liking country music more and more due to the talent that comes out of Nashville and the country music industry in general.  If anything, it's just an observation.  And outside the country music circles, I find that the bands who were around in the 80's who are still around today, are better musicians and singers than the new acts that are out today.  Again, just an observation.

Did you hear that we're in hurricane season?  Just thought I would ask.

Still praying for my Grandma.  Mom flies back here next week and then heads back up for a few more weeks.  Wish I could go too.

Final thoughts...  Mozzarella sticks rock!!!  Oh, and I'm making meatball stew again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment