Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are You Ready For Some...???

Friday, I did the unthinkable.  Friday, I did something that I shouldn't have done.  Friday, I got away with something that there are laws forbidding me doing.  Friday, I was a criminal.  What did I do?  Are you sure you want to know?  Are you sure you can handle the truth?  Are you ready?  I took a day off from work.  GASP!!!  I still can't believe it either.  I handle HR at the station and I it took me forever to find the vacation request form.  Go figure.  Not only was a much needed day of rest, it was a day that I could start focusing on the fun part of my job.

This Friday (3-Sep), we start our broadcast season up with high school football.  Our broadcast year doesn't follow the normal calendar year.  Our year begins in September with high school football and ends in May with UL Lafayette baseball and softball.  With the exception of doing Gulf Brew Fest 2010 back in July, we've had the last 3 months to rip out the production truck, put in new equipment, and put all of the elements together for another 12 week broadcast season for high school football.  I know that doing it takes years off of my life and will continue to do so for as long as I choose to do it.  But, I've said it before and I'll say it again and will continue to say until it's no longer fun to do, there's nothing more exciting than producing live television or working live events.  I'm not saying that I'm the best at what I do.  I do, however, have one of the best production crews around working with me and that help make my job easier.  Football season is here.  Are you ready?  I believe I am.

Final thoughts...  The meatball stew I made last night...first time making it...came out pretty good.  I just finished off the leftovers.  I'm sure you were wondering, maybe stayed up all night thinking about it, how well it came out.  Yeah...I did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment