Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Heavy Heart...A Full Mind

I had every intention of sitting down today and writing something goofy and funny.  However, my day started out with a phone call that I just didn't want to get.  My Grandma has cancer and it spread...it's in her lungs.  But, I did get a call from Mom a little while ago and Grandma did have a good day today and she is determined to fight this...she's not ready to go yet.  And I'm not ready to let her go yet either.  So, even though I'm not totally into it right now and I'm not in the mood to write, I need a distraction.  So, here I go.

I'm almost certain now that every blog I write will be nothing but random thoughts...some funny and some pointless.  But random nonetheless.  Besides, it's my blog and I can write about whatever I feel like writing about.

Ever have a caffeine addiction?  I had one in college.  This came to mind yesterday because a friend of mine, who will go nameless (Hi Mandy!) is giving up coffee for a couple of weeks.  Good luck with that.  You'll need it.  I was hooked to Mountain Dew.  And I'm not talking about the new flavors that are out now.  I'm talking about the original...the ONLY true flavor.  I would go through a 12 pack in 2 days and a 2 liter in one night.  It's amazing how I finished school in one piece...let alone lived to talk about it.  All of that Mountain Dew and caffeine back then and look where I'm at today.  Well, never mind...don't look at where I'm at today.  In fact, avoid caffeine at all costs.  You'll thank me for it later.

So I'm flipping through the channels and see this commercial which starts out with a couple in the kitchen and they're cooking dinner or something.  Looks simple enough.  Then, they turn around and touch hands...and they look into each others eyes and smile.  Then, their kitchen turns into a tropical rain forest.  And then, 10 seconds later, 2 bathtubs appear...in the middle of the tropical rain forest which was originally their kitchen.  Seriously.  Really?  Is that how it works?

Bacon.  There...I said it.

Final thoughts...  The month of August is almost over.  Kids have gone back to school.  Football season is here...and I know that's true because I'm watching a game right now.  And before we know it, all of the store shelves will be filled with Christmas stuff and it'll be time to start shopping.  If you're wondering, a Best Buy gift card is the best thing you can get me for Christmas...or anytime of the year.  I gladly accept them.

No comments:

Post a Comment